Friday, October 1, 2010

Joe Fresh Pop-Up

Two nights ago Joe Fresh held a one-night-only pop up store/event in Toronto's Bloor/Yorkville neighbourhood.  I arrived to a line-up of hundreds (if not thousands) of women, and was happy to see my girlfriends towards the front. We got in shortly after, and entered the white room of mayhem.  White wine flowing, hors d'oeuvres being served, and racks upon racks of the latest runway looks made for super fun times.  What I did not expect was to meet and chat with Joseph Mimran, the man behind the brand.  He was personable, happy, talkative, charming, and full of compliments.  We spoke of vintage clothing, nautical style, the event in general, runway looks, and Biko Jewellery.  I shall not say more at this point in time, but it was a great conversation that not only made my evening, but reminded me that it pays to double dare yourself to go and talk to the seemingly unattainable silver fox who runs the show.  What a great evening.



Megan and I with Joseph Mimran


The insanity that was a line-up. 
Thankfully I arrived with cash, which allowed me to skip the line!



No comments:

Post a Comment